Feedback and human interaction are key to continuous improvement!
If you need to implement the systematic collection and analysis of data to make informed decisions, we can help. A performance measurement system is essentially a feedback loop that serves many purposes:
One, it can improve all levels of performance by opening up dialogue about customers, quality and services. We work with you to set up a learning environment and involve your knowledge workers (yes, that is everyone) in collecting the right data from the right people at the right time using the right medium!
Secondly, we use the data to help you articulate your value proposition and formulate sound business strategy that supports your mission and reinforces your vision. Because testimonials are the lowest form of evidence, we improve the quality of feedback you are receiving with professionally designed surveys and assessment tools that can be hosted on your website. We also show you how to track and monitor the data for continuous improvement.
And finally, we help you elevate your market position and market more effectively and economically by incorporating data from end-users into your annual marketing plan.
Do you need an Outcome Evaluation or a Performance Measurement System?
- Evaluation implies a judgement on how something was performed or implemented and is often associated with project or program administration. It can be used to assess changes over time (knowledge, self-efficacy, behavior, functionality and beliefs), changes between groups, the effectiveness of an intervention, or to evaluate participants experiences with an intervention.
- Performance Measurement is a management tool that relies on continuous feedback to improve performance related to specific business goals or drivers. If you can't measure something, you can't understand it. If you can't understand it, you can't control it. If you can't control it, you can't improve it (James Harrington). Read more about the uses of performance measurement in my Blog.
To get started, complete the Transformational Measurement Questionnaire, an assessment of your organization's need for transforming performance measurement.
As your strategic business partner, Kristine provides a framework for improvement with a values-based approach:
- systematic inquiry: conducting systematic, data-based inquiries about whatever is being evaluated or measured. This requires quality data collection that is comprehensive, timely and credible. To increase user response rates, assesment tools are tested for reliability and validity before they are administered.
- competency-based: evaluators provide competent performance to stakeholders and work within their scope of capability.
- integrity and honesty above all: a key element of this principle is freedom from bias in evaluation, underscored by striving for impartiality, independence and transparency.
Will your culture support measurement?
Even the most competent leaders and staff can feel threatened by assessment practices because they fear negative results. To ensure that positive results are disseminated and discussed in an environment of learning, rather that judging, you must establish a Culture of Inquiry and decouple measurement from rewards.
It is important to remember that employees who fear results or staff who fear management will not engage in efforts towards program improvement. If people in authority are trustworthy, then stakeholders will trust the performance measurement process.
Creative thinking, visionary results.
Kristine has served in many innovative roles, including three years as an Internal Evaluation Champion for a statewide non-profit. Project managers were coached in evaluation practices, processes and tools to improve programming and performance; the quality and quantity of communication to funders and stakeholders; and ongoing techniques to build internal capacity. Strengthen your market position and create a compelling story by retaining her services as an Internal Evaluation Champion. Morse Brown, Program Manager of Michigan Integrated Food & Framing Systems (MIFFS) Mulitcultural Farmers Program said, "In her role as Internal Evaluation Champion, read more